Permission for utilizing farmland to be revoked if rules and regulations violated

It was also disclosed that the Region/State farmland management committees which would be reformed in accordance with the 2012 Vacant, Fallow and Virgin Land Law will make inquiries into the farmland and will report the findings to the central committee, which has the authority to revoke the permission for land use, said the deputy minister.

As regards the question raised by U Khin Win of Constituency- 2 of Magwe Region, Deputy Minister Dr Tun Win replied that land in the oil field are not entitled to define arable soil as prescribed in the Farmland Law, and henceforth there is no plan to disburse permission to use the land.

“Only if these areas are erased from the oil-field area and surrendered to the State in accordance with rules and regulations, local peasants are legitimate to have the official permission. But, those who have not yet obtained form-7, are not entitled to get agricultural loans,” he added.

Over the query made by Daw Ei Ei Pyone of Constitutency- 8, Ayeyawady Region, Dr Tun Win went on to say that in the fiscal year 2017-2018 to come, agricultural loans will be disbursed to farmers on the group-based guarantee system.

In terms of seed-sector development, the ministry is sustainably making arrangement for producing pedigree and high-yield seeds, conducting courses and discussions for sharing knowledge, techniques and know-how, development through the help of foreign projects. He added, “the ministry is conducting seasonal lectures on agriculture, discussions and workshops, knowledge on uses of fertilizer and insecticides, to farmers across the nation.

U Thant Zin Maung, Union Minister for Transport and Telecommunications, submitted to the parliament the bill revoking the inland water transport law for discussion and the Amyotha Hluttaw Speaker approved the proposal with the approval of the parliament.

Source: Global New Light of Myanmar

NB: The best way to find information on this website is to key in your search terms into the Search Box in the top right corner of this web page. E.g. of search terms would be “property research report”, ”condominium law”, "Puma Energy", “MOGE”, “yangon new town”,"MECTEL", "hydropower", etc.